Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Oh look, another nautical pattern.

Got a new pattern to show you today, and guess what? It's nautical. You know, just for something different.


These are the Anchor's Aweigh Gloves! (Ravelry Page)

I noticed this past winter that my winter accessories box was seriously lacking in gloves. I have a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy that has been destined for gloves for literally 5 years, but. I haz plans for those gloves. Complicated, tiny-cables-up-the-fingers plans. So I designed these (much simpler, easy and fast) gloves instead. I'm sure my future winter self will appreciate it.


I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport, which is a great staple yarn to have around. I used only one skein of the navy, so these are actually super inexpensive to knit. The coral yarn is vintage and came from my husband's grandma's house a few years ago- I was lucky there, because a) it's sport weight, and b) I freaking love that color. KP makes a similar color if you want to perfectly duplicate these gloves. I think it's called Papaya Heather. The anchors are done with duplicate stitch, then adorned with a bit of embroidery in the same yarn.

I'm totally happy with how these turned out. They were pretty quick to knit, they fit well (I do love me a good thumb gusset), and really, they are infinitely customizable. You could make plain gloves, or fair-isle gloves, or striped-but-anchor-free gloves, or stripe-less-but-definitely-with-an-anchor gloves, or probably any number of other things that I can't think of, because I'm only half way into my cup of coffee for today.

Want to make your own pair?
$4 on Ravelry, no account needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment